The contract is put into place so you know exactly what a session with me entails and to ensure that I am able to deliver on your expectations. Please read all information carefully. Keep a copy for yourself and then sign a copy for my records. If you have any questions, please let me know before the session. Thank you! Regular Sessions usually have a $500 minimum purchase required. Since you won this at a charity auction, you are not bound by that requirement.
1) With your auction, you have won a Complimentary Session for one family of up to 6 people, a $100 credit to be spent on prints only, and a spiral bound proof book containing all the edited images from your session. (min of of 20 images)
2) You are responsible for covering additional fees and costs related to location choice (admission fees, parking, etc.). Travel up to 20 miles from 27410 is included. Time and travel above this will be invoiced (contact me for pricing).
3) Because it can be distracting (especially to small children) and prevents me from being able to do my job effectively, other cameras are not allowed at the photo session (with the understandable exception of births).
4) I would never want to photograph someone who wasn’t feeling 100%. If someone becomes ill, please call as soon as possible to reschedule. I maintain the right to reschedule if needed due to inclement weather, illness, emergency, etc. Should you need to cancel, you are permitted to reschedule.
PROOFING & ORDERING
5) Within 2 weeks after the session–we will meet for your proofing and design consultation. Your order must be placed at that time. Once your order is placed, there will be an online gallery for family that will be available for 3 days. After 3 days, the online gallery is no longer available. You will have the opportunity to confer with family to determine when the best time would be for the 3 day period to begin. Any images not purchased or being utilized by me on my website and marketing materials will be deleted after 60 days. After 1 year, any archived images will be purged.
6) Creative privilege – there are times when an image needs a certain crop or a particular treatment. I will do my best to match your tastes, but as the artist I reserve the right to decide how to make an image look its absolute best.
7 I cannot begin design work or processing orders until payment is complete.
8) Because all pricing is subject to change, pricing at the time of the session will be honored for 30 days. After 30 days, current pricing applies. Also, there is a $100 minimum for re-orders.
9) If you have a request for a small change to an image, please let me know when you place your order. I can address minor changes at no cost (fix blemishes, tighter crop, etc.), but more involved requests are billed at $35/image. I will let you know if there will be extra charges before work is begun. Once the requested changes are made, charges apply regardless if the final product is purchased.
YOUR IMAGE CD (if you purchase one)
10) I will provide detailed printing instructions with your CD. Your images will be cropped and colored how I believe they will print the best. Some images (particularly those shot in low light) may have visible film grain when enlarged too much. This is normal, but may not be aesthetic. In addition, if you crop an image in too tightly, you will lose resolution and may cause it to be pixilated when enlarged. To ensure the best print quality, try to avoid altering your images before printing. If in doubt, just ask me. I am not responsible for printing errors or for quality of prints or products not printed directly by me.
11) If you purchase items that require design work, I will consult you first to get your input on the images, colors, text, etc. for the design. Try to be as specific as possible. I will then create a design doing my best to incorporate your requests. You can make up to three small changes to that design (change a color, change text, change out a picture). Additional changes will be billed at $45/hr. Again, I will let you know if there are extra charges before work is begun. Once the requested changes are made, charges apply regardless if the final product is purchased.
12) Since a custom, storybook album is a larger design, you can make up to 10 small changes at no charge; additional changes will be billed as previously described.
13) Try to keep in mind that there is a great deal of time and planning that goes into layouts, so adding, deleting, or moving pictures around can be quite complicated and may affect several aspects of the overall design.
14) Checks returned by the bank for any reason will be charged a $30.00 service charge and sessions/orders will be cancelled if they are not paid in full within three days of notification.
15) Evie Curley Photography retains copyrights on all images (even those purchased on CD) and reserves the right to use the images and/or reproductions for display, publication, or other business purposes . “All rights” pricing is available. A client may not use these images for profit, commercial endeavors, in competitions, or for professional display unless other arrangements have been made and noted below.
16) Please do not copy images you have not purchased. Copying or scanning images from your gallery, my website, the blog, or from other printed materials is considered stealing, regardless of the intent for use.
17) Credits and special offers are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
18) A new session cannot be scheduled until ordering is complete on a past session.
19) ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
I understand that our session images will be used by Evie Curley Photography (or variations of the images)for publication in advertising materials, websites, blogs, portfolios, displays, or other promotional methods for Evie Curley Photography without compensation. Evie Curley Photography, however, will not sell these images to a third party without additional consent from you. I have read, understood, and agreed to the terms and conditions in this MODEL RELEASE.